tasting room associate
We are always accepting applications for part-time and full-time sales associates to work in our estate tasting room. Qualified candidates will be energetic and passionate about wine and willingness to provide our guests with wine education and appreciation. The schedule will predominately be weekends and possibly one/two weekdays. A hospitality background is required, with winery experience a bonus. We are looking for candidates that have a positive attitude, a learning spirit, and a willingness to handle various group dynamics and tasks. Our goal is to provide customers with the feeling of “stepping into our living room” and have them leave with an overall positive experience.
- Provide a memorable tasting experiences for customers and be a brand ambassador.
- Communicate the winemaker’s production techniques and philosophies to guests.
- Help the team keep a clean and orderly tasting room and patio for our guests.
- Support tasting room and hospitality team with winery events and experiences (lots of summer concerts and parties).
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, evenings, and on-site winery events. Actively promote our wines and invite our guests to join one of our wine clubs (there are incentives!)
- Perform daily tasting room operations: present and pour wines, correspond with customers in person, via phone and email, complete transactions, and coordinate reservations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and stand for long periods of time.
- Customer service experience is required, with previous tasting room experience a bonus.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within a dynamic team environment.
- Must be friendly and outgoing with some wine knowledge or appreciation, or a passion to learn.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Professional attitude and strong work ethic.
- Professional business casual attire is required.
- Must be able to take direction and work within a team setting.
- Be comfortable working independently and taking initiative.
- Must have a valid Oregon driver’s license, be over 21 years of age with a valid servers permit through OLCC.
Company Info & Benefits
Cória Estates is a family-owned winery in the south hills of Salem, Oregon. We focus on producing Burgundian wines, including Pinot noir, Pinot gris, Rosé of Pinot noir, and Chardonnay. We have roughly 104 acres under vine and have been producing fruit in the Willamette Valley for over 20 years. The Cória Estates label has been producing wine since 2013 and is proud to have the entire family involved in the process. We have a hard working fun dynamic here and love what we do.
Thursday–Sunday - Part Time/Full Time.
- 30% employee discount on wines
- Incentives program
- Complimentary industry tastings at other wineries
- Employee enrichment activities
- Additional benefits available after one-year commitment